Shipping, Warranty, and Returns
We ship from right here in the good ole USA, from central Ohio.
Orders placed Monday through Friday generally leave our warehouse the same or next day. Orders placed Friday evening, Saturday, or Sunday may not ship until the following business day (usually Monday) with the exception of special sales. Special Sales: Large sale days (Earth Day, Black Friday, etc) orders may have a processing time of 4-5 days more due to the volume of orders we receive.
Shipping is charged by weight. Items under 16 ounces will ship USPS First Class unless Priority Mail is selected during checkout. Please note the minimum shipping charge is $2.66, even for a single item.
Larger orders will ship USPS Standard or Priority Mail. This price starts at $6.90. Both methods provide a tracking number that will be e-mailed to your e-mail address on file.
Most orders to the continental US are received within 4 days. If you need your order sooner, we do offer USPS Priority Mail Express service, which starts at $23.00. Please contact us if you need to use this service, as we do not offer it as a regular option during checkout.
For orders made within a close time period, we may ship items together as a courtesy so you get your items faster. We are not required to refund any (full or partial) shipping costs in these cases.
International Shipping? No Problem!
We currently ship to the USA, APO/FPO/Military Mail, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Please contact us to inquire about shipping to other regions before ordering. We reserve the right to cancel and refund any international orders that have not been previously cleared through us.
Not on this list? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we do ship to your region, you as the customer are responsible for all importing costs, currency exchange rates/fees, taxes, duties and customs of your order. These costs are in addition to the shipping and handling fees paid at checkout. These fees vary from region to region and can be as much as 80% of the total value of your order. Please check your local agencies for exact costs. If you choose to refuse delivery, any shipping charges, custom fees and return shipping will not be refunded.
Not satisfied? Darn! How can we help?
Please contact us before putting in for a return, failure to do so may result in partial refund, store credit or ineligible returns.
Diapers, leggings, busha pants, clothing: We accept returns for full refund of the item price within 14 days. Returns must be in original packaging (if applicable), unused, unwashed, and not "prepped". Due to the personal nature of cloth diapering, we cannot accept returns that have been used. It is the buyer's responsibility to pay return postage.
Cloth pads: We accept returns for a full refund of the item price within 30 days. Returns must be in original packaging (if applicable), unused, unwashed, and not "prepped". Due to the personal nature of cloth pads, we cannot accept returns that have been used. It is the buyer's responsibility to pay return postage.
Vinyl products: Unfortunately we cannot accept any returns on any vinyl decals or other vinyl products.
Art Supplies, Dishware, and other Misc. items: We generally accept returns for full refund of the item price within 14 days. Returns must be unused and in the original packages and 're-sellable'.
Items that arrive to us damaged, used, broken, or smelling of strong scents (including smoke, pets & perfumes) may not be eligible for a refund.
We may accept a return of used merchandise on a case-by-case basis (such as manufacturing defect, PUL defect, etc.) for a partial refund or store credit.
Our return address is:
The Fluffy Penguin Company
PO Box 24
Millersport, OH 43046
Please make sure to include the original packing slip OR a note with your order number, email address, and reason for return. Lack of information may delay your refund!
Buyers are responsible for return postage and we do not refund shipping charges. We recommend shipping with tracking, and we are not responsible for packages that are damaged in transit or lost by USPS.
Our policy for lost packages is two-fold.
First, please contact us if your tracking shows as delivered, but you have not received your package. This rarely happens but we want to stay on top of it when it does!
Second, please call your local post office (check usps.com for locations) and ask about your package. Have your tracking number ready, as well as the tracking information that can be found on usps.com.
95% of the time, packages are found with only a slight delay - however, we cannot guarantee a refund or 're-ship' for lost packages. We will work with you all we can to resolve the situation.
If an item is missing from your purchase please contact us immediately via our email email@example.com. We do understand many of our purchases are gifts or for future use, so you have 90 days to contact us for any missing packages or product from your shipment.
If a package cannot be delivered due to an address error or refusal, we are not obligated to re-ship the package and may ask the buyer to pay postage to re-ship or cancel the order and refund the buyer for the item price.
This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
We currently do not offer local pick-ups and ship all packages. We do not have a physical storefront.
Most of our items have a limited warranty regarding manufacturing defects.
We define manufacturing defects as factory mistakes which make the product unusable. Some examples are (but not limited to):
- Loose snaps or missing snaps
- Unraveled stitching, holes, or gaps in stitching (note this does NOT include secured but 'tailing' serging) within the first six months
- Delamination of the PUL within the first six months from purchase
- Elastic issues within the first three months from purchase
- Zipper issues within the first three months from purchase
Our warranty does NOT cover:
- Odor issues, repelling, staining, or fading
- Delamination past six months of purchase
- Stitching issues past six months of purchase
- Snap Issues past six months of purchase.
- Misplaced labels on inserts or diapers
- Elastic issues past three months of purchase
- Normal or excessive wear and tear
- Fit or style-related issues
- Any alterations made to the product will void the warranty
How we handle warranty issues:
- Please contact us with your order number, information about the defective item, and photos (if applicable). We recommend emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for this, as you can email photos.
- All claims must come from the original purchaser, or recipients name must be on the original invoice as a recipient.
- We will review the claim. You may be asked for more information or additional photos.
- We will do our best to replace the defective item with a direct replacement if that item is in stock. If we do not have a replacement, we will replace it with an item similar and of equal value.
- We reserve the right to deny warranty claims for instances such as wear and tear, a history of warranty claims or suspicion of fraud, or other circumstances. We may require you to return the item with a pre-paid mailing label that we provide to you.
Any questions? Please let us know! See the "Contact Us" link or e-mail us directly at email@example.com